There are critical things you should consider when choosing mascara, and important tips to follow to properly apply it.
• Hypoallergenic: If you have sensitive eyes or find mascara irritates your eyes when you wear contacts, you may want to opt for hypoallergenic mascara. It will say on the packaging whether it’s hypoallergenic. Almay is known for making a drugstore alternative for those with sensitive eyes.
• Waterproof: Pass on waterproof mascara for day-to-day use and save it for beach days instead. The ingredients that bind the mascara to your lashes are too harsh to use daily, not to mention all the elbow grease it takes to remove the mascara can wreak havoc on your lashes.
• Double-layer: Because it’s impossible to pack too many ingredients into a tiny tube of mascara without sacrificing their effects, it’s best to use two with separate purposes. Pick your favourite lengthening mascara and layer it on, then follow-up with a coat of your go-to volumizing mascara.
• Lower Lashes: To avoid those pesky under eye smudges when you try to apply mascara to your bottom lashes, use a smaller wand designed to paint those little lashes. You can find mascara for bottom lashes (Clinique makes one), which comes with a teeny wand, or you can simply purchase small wands from the drugstore or a beauty store and use those with your current mascaras.
• Lash Serums & Primers: Lash serums are designed to boost your lashes with vitamins and protective ingredients. Primers, on the other hand, when applied as the first layer on your lashes, can enhance the effects of your mascara coated on top. There are several different product on the market that will get the job done, when you hit up your favourite beauty store, ask the assistants what their go-to serums and primers are.
• Tube Mascara: Tube mascara adheres to each lash in a tube-like manner—it does not simply refer to mascara that comes in a tube. Because of its properties, tube mascara results in lengthened, thickened lashes with less of those pesky little flakes. It also tends to have more staying power.
3,834 total views, 6 views today